Monday, May 18, 2009

Another Lot of Art Bites the Dust

INDIFFERENCE. A piece that, I felt, emitted the coldness of examination of a person must feel in the most intimate of settings, either it be the abortion clinic or a hospital. The decisions that are made regarding life and death impact society's conscience as a whole, though some would say, lopsided. The over all ' radiance ' of this piece, is just that, it follows you around, your ' eye's memory ' never let you forget what the piece is composed of, note of a new song or the termination there of, life. The title, I chose because when I created her ' her,' it hit me in the gut, hard. Was this my impression of women in general, or was this a reflection of self worth of women and the right of identity thought through. Either way, it is of conscience. ( The one thing that has bothered me with this piece, is this, the decision of a mother, and or father, making the decision for a teenager or a teenager making the decision on her own. )
I was asked by a rather fat woman in her 60's ( ? ), hair of white and glasses to participate in a showing at Morning Sun Art Gallery for Woman's History Month a couple of years ago; a self proclaimed psychiatrist, Patron of the Arts ( ? ), but really just a librarian and a psychiatrist, if that ( ? ), not licensed to practice psychiatry. Oh, the people you meet when you quit drinking by use of remote viewing's many definitions and the utilization of self hypnosis and all the doctors and shrinks, in their latter years ready to direct your sexual identity, and most especially if you don't support they're extreme liberal causes, even pertaining to children. To put it bluntly, if your not treated well, and your ' match maked ' with a person of your same sex, all you can do is be polite and never answer her calls again. " It must be my fault, not the pedophiles."
The lady who ran the gallery seemed to be a nice person and I'm sure she was. I'm sure she might of thought my Art would bring revenues despite the fact I'm sure she was informed of who's pet ( unknowingly ) I used to belong to, as I now know the fat woman informed her of, and all that goes along with rumors. So here they are, the next to be dumped in wastelands of Albuquerque's landfills.
UPDATE- 8-20-09-This sculpture was offered to the Albuquerque Museum and denied. I left it in the fountain, another sculpture, in front of the museum. Like mindedness mirrors the cities desire line. So I left it in a ' cleansing wash of water.' Whoever finds it, with exception to old patrons has my permission to keep it with the understanding that it was an effort in the fight against child abuse and the murder of children allowed and made permissible in our society today as LAW AND RULE OF THE COUNTRY, AS FAR AS ETHIC'S ARE TAUGHT, THUS THE CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment