Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another loss of Art in Albuquerque New Mexico

BRAVE DOCTOR. This piece was inspired, probably the wrong word, by a photo I ' witnessed ' when I was a child. The naked child, in my mind was ' running.' In the picture that's what she is doing, what I saw was a photo that came alive. She was really running. The clothes burnt from her body, a napalm attack. Vietnam. She is a doctor today, I think, maybe in the US. If memory serves, it was our bomb. The rest is self explanatory.
UPDATE-8-20-09-This sculpture was given to a couple outside the museum, they accepted it graciously and with surprise that it was free. I went into abit of detail as to what it represented and the show it was designed for, really inspired. I hope that they will fight for stronger laws against the abuse of children and terrorism, both home and abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment